Get A Tooth Pulled Comfortably In Plano
There are unfortunate cases where a tooth cannot be saved and it is necessary for the tooth to be removed. Whether it is because the tooth has succumbed to decay that could be harmful to your jaw or the rest of your teeth, or a baby tooth has misshapen and/or long roots that prevent it from falling out when it needs to, we do our best to try to ensure the comfort and safety of our patients.
There are a number of benefits for having a tooth extracted:
- Disease prevention | If a tooth is too decayed a tooth extraction is recommended to help prevent spreading disease to your jaw and or other teeth. By having the tooth extracted it can halt the decay.
- Your health | More and more studies have shown that the health of your teeth is related to your overall health. If you have a bad tooth, having it removed can help you feel better.
- There are options after extraction | Once the tooth is extracted, there are options for restoring the tooth; bridges and implants can be used to fill in that gap and give your remaining teeth the support they need.
- Removal of harmful bacteria | If a tooth reaches a certain point of decay it can become a breeding ground for harmful bacteria. Removing the tooth can clean and remove bacteria harmful to your health.
- Stop Toothaches | Infected and decayed teeth can cause chronic toothaches. When they are removed it removes the source of this discomfort, allowing you to get back on the path of good oral health.
When we determine that a tooth may need to be pulled, often it can be done in just a regular visit, however if necessary, we can setup a separate visit with you to have the tooth extracted. Sedation for this procedure is recommended and available to help ensure your comfort.
To find out more about tooth extractions, contact us today! We provide extraction services for everyone near Frisco, Plano, and Allen, TX!