Get A Tooth Pulled Comfortably In Plano
There are unfortunate cases where a tooth cannot be saved, and it is necessary for the tooth to be removed.
You might need an extraction because the tooth has succumbed to decay that is harmful to your jaw and the rest of your teeth. You may even have a family member with a baby tooth has misshapen and/or long roots that prevent it from falling out when it needs to.
Whatever the reason behind the extraction, we do our best to try to ensure the comfort and safety of our patients!
Reasons For Tooth Extraction
There are a number of benefits for having a tooth extracted:
- Disease prevention | If a tooth is too decayed, a tooth extraction is recommended to help prevent spreading disease to your jaw and or other teeth. By having the tooth extracted, it can halt the decay.
- Your health | More and more studies have shown that the health of your teeth is related to your overall health. If you have a bad tooth, having it removed can help you feel better.
- There are options after extraction | Once the tooth is extracted, there are options for restoring the tooth; bridges and implants can be used to fill in that gap and give your remaining teeth the support they need.
- Removal of harmful bacteria | If a tooth reaches a certain point of decay, it can become a breeding ground for harmful bacteria. Removing the tooth can clean and remove bacteria that are harmful to your health.
- Stop Toothaches | Infected and decayed teeth can cause chronic toothaches. When they are extracted, it removes the source of this discomfort, allowing you to get back on the path of good oral health.
- Overcrowding | Some people have teeth that are too big to fit into their mouth correctly, which leads to crowding and crooked teeth. If you want straight teeth and decide to undergo orthodontic treatment you may need to have one or more teeth extracted to make room for the others as they move into the proper position.
Find Out If You Need a Tooth Extraction – Contact The Plano Dentist!
When we determine that a tooth may need to be pulled, often it can be done in just a regular visit, however if necessary, we can set up a separate visit with you to have the tooth extracted. Sedation for this procedure is recommended and available to help ensure your comfort.
To find out more about tooth extractions, contact us today via phone, text, or email! We provide extraction services for everyone near Frisco, Plano, and Allen, TX!