IV Sedation And Nitrous Oxide In Plano
It isn’t easy for everyone go to the dentist, and some of us suffer from enough dental anxiety that coming into the dentist to have any sort of procedure can be a real problem. If that sounds like you, do not worry, because we can help!
At the Plano Dentist near Allen, TX, one of the options we provide to you and your family is sedation for dental procedures. Sedation dentistry is a safe way to help our patients be more comfortable, and help with anxiety as well as nervousness, especially with cosmetic or restorative dentistry procedures.
You may want to consider sedation dentistry if you:
- Have a fear of dental work in general
- Have trouble getting numb
- Ever had uncomfortable dental visits previously
- Are having a more complicated dental procedure
- Have sensitive teeth
We have a number of different options for sedation. Some of these options include:
- Nitrous Oxide | Nitrous Oxide, or more commonly known as laughing gas, is a proven and trusted method for sedation. It helps your body relax, but does not require you to be unconscious. This remains the most popular form of sedation available, and if you feel like using Nitrous Oxide will make your dental experience more pleasant and comfortable then please let us know.
- IV Sedation | IV Sedation is administered intravenously for some more extensive procedures. It can include various agents to help manage discomfort and inflammation, as well your consciousness during the procedure.
Dental anxiety is a common problem for many dental patients and we are glad to be able to provide excellent options that can help increase your comfort and ability to get the help that you need.
If you have any questions about dental sedation, please give us a call! We serve patients all over the Plano area, from Frisco to Allen, TX!