Tooth Implant Dentistry In Plano
We know that having missing teeth can pose a problem socially for some of our patients, and they also can be a source of physical discomfort. If you’ve ever lost a tooth in an accident or other mishap and were unsure of what to do, then getting dental implants may be your ticket to a beautiful, fuller smile.
Patients often choose implant dentistry because it is the only restorative dentistry option that doesn’t just restore the tooth surface, but also the tooth root. Installing a dental implant also helps restore the stimulation your jawbone needs to remain strong and healthy.
What is a tooth implant?
Tooth implants are synthetic tooth roots that are made with an alloy (titanium usually). These roots are then inserted into either your upper or lower jawbone. After the implant is inserted, it is combined with a beautiful porcelain crown helping to provide the perfect replacement tooth.
Not only can dental implants be used to replace teeth, but they can be inserted to provide support and stability for dentures, whether you have a partial or complete set. The wonderful thing about this is that it provides a solid anchor point for your dentures and reduces the chance of your dentures coming loose or falling out.
Now more than ever before, there are options for those of you out there who have lost teeth in the past to get back the smile you used to have. This wonderful technology has improved the lives of thousands of people. We are proud and excited to be able to offer implant dentistry here at The Plano Dentist, as we feel it is a great service that can better the lives of our patients.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Our patients love their dental implants for a number of reasons. Some of the benefits of dental implants include:
- Functionality – From a usability standpoint, dental implants are the closest you can get to natural teeth. Everyday activities like eating and speaking that may have become difficult can feel natural once again.
- Comfort – Part of the reason that dental implants feel “natural” is due to how comfortable they are. Once they are surgically implanted into your jawbone, you’ll begin to feel as if they are really are a part of your body.
- Aesthetics – Dental implants look just like real teeth. Most people will not even realize you have an implant until you tell them. For many patients, this restores confidence that may have been lost due to a damaged smile.
- High Success Rate – With decades of research behind them, the overall success rate of dental implants is nearly 98%.
- Easy to Maintain – Caring for implants is the same as caring for natural teeth: brushing, flossing, and routine dental exams.
Near Allen or Frisco TX? Find Out if Implant Dentistry is Right For You
Our team is ready and happy to help you find out more about dental implants or other restorative dentistry services, so go ahead and give us a call or text! We provide implant dentistry to patients near Plano, Allen, Frisco TX, and the surrounding areas. Come meet with our dentist to see if dental implants are the solution for you!