Tooth Crown Dentistry In Plano
Porcelain crowns are one of the greatest repair tools for problematic teeth. Dental crowns are used to restore and improve the function, strength, and even shape/appearance of a tooth. If a tooth is broken or has had to have a procedure such as a root canal, a dental crown can be used to bring that tooth back into service.
How Do Dental Crowns Work?
Dental crowns are caps that are placed over carefully reshaped original teeth, helping protect and restore functionality to previously damaged teeth. Modern porcelain tooth crowns are much improved over older crowns of the past, and we are excited to be able to offer this fantastic option to our patients!
Before you get a porcelain crown, our team in Plano will carefully take an impression of your mouth. This impression is then sent to the dental laboratory where your tooth crown will be created. A dental technician will examine the aspects of your bite and jaw based upon your impression, and custom sculpt your new crown just for you.
This process ensures that your crown will be just right for you.
Some of the advantages of dental crowns are:
- Natural Looking – Porcelain crowns feel and look just like natural teeth. They are custom-made to fit your teeth and are color-matched to your natural teeth, so they do not look fake.
- Functionality – Not only do dental crowns feel just like natural teeth, they function just like them, so you can eat just like you always do.
- Versatility – Dental crowns can be used to help secure and connect dental bridges.
- Durability – Porcelain crowns are durable, long-lasting, and sturdy.
- Compatible With Dental Implants – With modern technology, dental crowns can be used to top dental implants, effectively giving you a “new” tooth where you were missing one before. A synthetic root is implanted in your jaw, and then a beautiful porcelain crown is attached to the top. This is a great way to get functionality back and improve your smile!
Schedule a Dental Crown Appointment in Plano!
If you have questions about porcelain crowns or our other cosmetic dentistry services, please give us a call, text, or email today! Cosmetic dentist Dr. Isabella Mejia loves bringing beautiful smiles to patients from all over Plano, Frisco, and Allen, TX!