So you want to whiten your teeth? The Plano Dentist can help. Teeth whitening is a cost-effective way to upgrade your smile, look younger, and feel more confident when you interact with people in business or social settings.
Here are 5 things The Plano Dentist recommends when it comes to teeth whitening:
- Meet with us for a consultation first. There are several different teeth whitening systems and a consultation will help you determine which technique is best for you.
- It is critical to know that whitening does not affect existing fillings, veneers, or crowns.
- During your consultation, decide how many shades lighter you want your teeth to be at the end of the treatment. Depending on the whitening protocol chosen, your teeth can be whitened three to eight shades. An in-office procedure achieves a degree of lightening that cannot be achieved with an OTC product. During your treatment, we may apply a coating to protect your gums and roots while the bleaching agent is applied.
- An alternative protocol is to have us customize a take-home kit for you. Make sure you follow the instructions exactly. First, molds are made from your upper and lower arch. Then the lab creates trays to hold the bleach. While this protocol may take longer, it is more reasonably priced and more convenient for many patients. Teeth whitening results from either procedure can last from six months to two years.
- With any of the teeth whitening systems, tooth sensitivity may transpire. In most cases, it won’t last for more than a day or so. Call The Plano Dentist if it lasts longer.
Contact The Plano Dentist:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):