You may not be able to articulate why all the elements blend in perfect harmony, but you know it when you see it. I’m talking about a beautiful smile in Plano. What do you think makes up a beautiful smile in Plano?
You may be surprised at how many components our cosmetic dentist must consider when planning for a smile makeover.
Here are a few of the most obvious fundamentals:
- Tooth Color: Shade, brightness, and uniformity.
- Tooth Alignment: Straight or crooked?
- Tooth Size and Proportions: Are some teeth much larger or smaller than the rest?
- Tooth Spacing: Is there crowding or big gaps between teeth?
- Gum Line Margins: How much gum shows when you smile?
Here are some other essential elements that may be less familiar to our patients in Plano:
- The portions of the teeth that are visible when the mouth is at rest.
- The relationship of the smile line and the lip line.
- Zenith Points: The highest point of the gum line in relation to the center of the tooth.
- Midline Placement: The smile should be centered in the middle of the lips, mouth, and face.
- Mesial Inclination: The tops of the teeth should angle slightly away from the midline.
If indispensable design principles are not followed, the smile may look “off” or the function of the teeth and jaw could be adversely affected. For example, a smile transformation carried out by an inexperienced cosmetic dentist could change the patient’s bite, put unnecessary stress on the restorations, and ruin their beautiful smile in Plano.
Do not choose a cosmetic dentist by procedure cost alone. If you are thinking about a smile redesign call The Plano Dentist today to schedule an informative consultation. We also offer teeth whitening, sedation dentistry, and gum disease treatment. You promise you’ll be satisfied with your beautiful smile in Plano.
Contact The Plano Dentist:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):