When one of our patients at The Plano Dentist gets a mouth sore, we counsel them to evaluate what they’re eating and make some changes. By following these tips, you can avoid the discomfort of eating and help to increase the speed of healing. Remember, small changes can have big results in your dental health.
1. Eat soft or pureed foods. Don’t worry, you won’t have to eat baby food—plenty of adult dishes fit the bill:
- cream soups
- hot cereal
- mashed potatoes
2. Keep your meals bland for a while. Yes, it’s humdrum – but watch out for overly spicy, tart, salty or acidic foods while you have a mouth sore.
3. Also, keep it cool. Only eat dishes served at room temperature or chilled.
4. Use a straw so that whatever you are drinking can bypass the mouth sore altogether.
5. Try to moisten dry foods. You can add sauces, dressings, and gravies to your meals.
These suggestions can help you the next time you suffer from a mouth sore, and lead to improved dental health. At The Plano Dentist our services include general and cosmetic dentistry. Schedule an appointent today.
Contact The Plano Dentist:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):