If you have a young child, you should seriously consider dental sealants from The Plano Dentist. Do you know why they are important for kids’ dental health?
1. Children without sealants have almost three times more tooth decay than children with sealants. (Centers For Disease Control)
2. Sealants may be covered by your dental insurance plan. For parents without dental insurance, sealants are worth the expense. You will likely avoid fillings and additional dental visits. Note that some Texas dental insurance providers have age limitations for sealants. The Plano Dentist recommends having sealants applied as early as possible.
3. With proper care, sealants can last for many years. They protect young teeth during the years they are most likely to get cavities.
By practicing careful dental health habits and refraining from biting into hard objects, your child can maximize their lifespan.
4. The application process is painless. Teeth are cleaned, dried, and then the liquid sealant material is applied to teeth. It hardens quickly. Your child won’t need to skip meals after the treatment.
5. In some situations, sealants can be placed over existing decay to prevent further damage. Dr. Bushey will determine if your child is a good candidate for this application.
Dental sealants do not replace regular brushing and flossing. But they’re an added layer of protection for your child’s teeth, and dental health. At The Plano Dentist, we offer family dentistry for every member of your household. We also offer cosmetic dentistry. Schedule your child’s next cleaning and checkup today.
Contact The Plano Dentist:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):