Gum Graft Treatment With A Periodontist In Plano
If you have ever lost gum tissue it can have serious effects on your oral health, and even your health in general. Regardless of the reason why your gums may have receded, we can help get you back on the path to optimal oral health.
Some of the reasons why you may have lost gum tissue:
- Aggressive brushing | If you brush too aggressively, it can cause gum loss.
- Gum Disease | If you have had gum disease in one of its forms (especially periodonitis) it can cause your gums to recede.
- Thin gum tissue | If your gum tissue is naturally thin, it can result in your gums eventually receding.
- Previous orthodontic treatments | Orthodontic treatments you may have had in the past could have helped cause gum loss.
- Previous tooth loss | If you have lost a tooth, it can cause the gum to recede where the tooth was previously. The health of your gums and your teeth are strongly linked together.
Here at the Plano Dentist near Frisco and Allen, TX, we employ a periodontist who is skilled in traditional gum surgery and a number of other procedures that can be used to assist in getting your gums back to optimal health.
Some of the gum surgery procedures we offer include:
- Implant Placement | Placing implants requires a mild amount of surgery on the gum in order to place the implant.
- Gum Therapy | Gum therapy is also known as Scaling and Root Planing (SRP) and is considered the most effective way to treat gum disease. Gum therapy involves cleaning between the gums and the teeth, all the way down to the root.
- Crown Lengthening | Crown lengthening is a procedure to remove excess gum tissue to expose more of your natural tooth. Frequently crown lengthening is requested if a patient feels they have a “gummy” smile, or if tooth restoration require access below the current gum line.
- Gum Grafting | Gum grafting involves taking tissue from another part of the body, and then using it to help replace or restore gum tissue that has been lost.
- Gingivectomies | A gingivectomy is a treatment for gum disease that is used for removing diseased gum tissue.
If you have any questions about any of these procedures or about what we can do to help you, please give us a call! Our periodontist is eager to help patients near Frisco, Plano, and Allen, TX!